(1.75HR, recorded webinar)
This course in an update to our previously available course: SMART Restorations Using Silver Diamine Fluoride & Glass Ionomer Cement.
In partnership with the Washington Association for Community Health, Arcora Foundation is proud to feature Dr. Douglas Young, DDS in a 1.75-hour webinar. He will discuss SMART Restorations Using Silver Diamine Fluoride & Glass Ionomer Cement. The techniques shared are applicable to patients of all ages.
Participants will learn to:
- Classify caries lesions and determine appropriate treatment using the ADA’s Caries Classification System
- Understand the science of using Silver Diamine Fluoride (SDF), partial caries removal, and Glass Ionomer
- Cement (GIC) to treat caries chemically
- Understand the proper placement technique of both SDF and GIC, separately and in combination
- Place a silver modified atraumatic restorative treatment (SMART) restoration
- Understand how using these techniques during COVID19 can be helpful and beneficial to providers and patients
This webinar has been updated to include the necessary information to be responsive to the growing need for safe patient care during the COVID-19 pandemic. Including remote services that are available, opportunities to address emergency dental demand, and new reimbursement methods.
Content Expert: Douglas Young, DDS, University of the Pacific
Arcora Foundation is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. Arcora Foundation designates this activity for 1.5 continuing education credits.
Target Audience: This course is designed for dental professionals.
If you have questions or would like more information about this course, please contact Karen Lewis at klewis@ArcoraFoundation.org or 206-528-7344.