10 Minutes for Teeth is a free, comprehensive oral health education curriculum developed by a practicing Washington state dental hygienist. 10 Minutes for Teeth was designed to help teachers convey the importance of oral health to K-6 students with quick, easy, and fun lesson plans.
Each curriculum guide is tailored to the classroom grade level and includes:
- Lesson Plans: Nine 10-minute lesson units (one for each school month) including subject matter and materials relative to classroom grade level.
- Activities: A classroom/student activity, such as a hands-on activity or related video.
- Handouts: A printable handout or monthly brushing chart with a review of lesson learning points on the reverse side for families. Includes information on how to support their child’s good oral health habits at home as well as valuable dental resources available in their area.
- Supplemental Materials Option: Additional teaching materials if you would like to offer extended learning in the classroom or additional take-home materials.
- Special Needs Materials: Optional materials and activities for children with special needs (i.e. sensory disorders or those on the autism spectrum).
10 Minutes for Teeth was created by Amber Juliano RDH, BS, of Toothsavers of Washington (School-Based Oral Health Program) in collaboration with:
• Arcora Foundation, the foundation of Delta Dental of Washington
• Communities in Schools of Spokane County
For questions about the curriculum, email Stacy Torrance at firstname.lastname@example.org