Primary Care Medical Providers
The MouthMatters program will train you and your team to deliver preventive oral health services to children, from the time of tooth eruption until age 6. These services include:
- Oral Evaluation and Risk Assessment,
- Oral Health Education,
- Application of Topical Fluoride Varnish (up to age 20)
- Dental Referral
Those who complete a MouthMatters training in-person/Zoom qualify for reimbursement of these oral health services through Apple Health (Medicaid), as well as reimbursement for fluoride varnish through Washington MCOs and all commercial plans. *If you have missed your clinic’s training and your clinic is providing the services, you are able to complete this online CME to get trained to provide these critical services.
In this online CME course, you will learn about:
- The impact of dental disease on pediatric oral health
- The role of primary care providers in oral health or “Putting the mouth back in the body”
- Oral health 101/basics
- How to deliver oral health services as part of well-child care
Participants in the online CME will receive 1 category 2 CME for completion of the course.
Additional information and implementation materials can be found here.
If you have questions or would like more information about this course or oral health integration in Washington state, please contact Madlen Caplow at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-473-9542.