2023 Project Grants
Arcora Foundation is excited to announce funding opportunity to support oral health projects. The projects should do one or more of the following:
- Support or increase access to culturally appropriate dental care.*
- Increase consumption of water and/or decrease the consumption of sugary beverages.
- Promote and increase access to healthy food.
- Promote and/or increase access to community water fluoridation.
Application cycle: CLOSED
Populations: Black, Indigenous, and People of Color, rural communities, and other populations experiencing health disparities.
Funding available: Arcora Foundation has $500,000 in funding available. You can request up to $50,000 per project.
- Population served (5 points).
- Organization’s leadership demographics – if/how your organization represents the community served (3 points).
- Projects’ alignment with Arcora Foundation’s project grant priorities (access to culturally appropriate dental care; increased access to/consumption of water and/or decrease in consumption of sugary beverages; promote and increase access to healthy food; promote and/or increase access to community water fluoridation (5 points)
- Project’s impact and sustainability (5 points)
Organizations and projects must meet the eligibility requirements below to be reviewed for potential funding.
- Organizations that are tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or similar status, including tribal organizations.
- Projects that impact individuals in Washington state.
- Funding is for projects that take place in the 2024 calendar year.
- One application per organization.
*Culturally appropriate dental care is defined by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality as care that respects diversity in the patient population and cultural factors that can affect health and health care, such as language, communication styles, beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors.
Examples of projects are listed below but are not meant to limit creativity.
Access to care: Support or increase access to culturally appropriate dental care
- Developing and implementing motivational interviewing in a dental program or practice to increase patient/provider communication, patient/provider satisfaction, and the delivery of culturally appropriate care.
- Developing, implementing, and/or enhancing a community health worker program that addresses oral health.
- Implement or expand care coordination services to address barriers to care – for example, transportation, childcare, access to specialists, etc.
Healthy beverages: Increase consumption of water and/or decrease the consumption of sugary beverages
- Installing water bottle stations at a school, and providing students, faculty, and families with water bottles, and incentives to drink water/use the stations.
- Developing and implementing a community-led campaign to decrease the type/number of sugary beverages young children consume regularly.
Healthy foods: Promote and increase access to healthy food
- Developing and implementing resources for immigrant families to identify traditional foods from their culture(s) that are healthy, and where and how to obtain them.
- Partnering with patients/families to support them in accessing healthy food – either bringing vendors/food to the community or supporting people in identifying easy ways to travel to locations that provide healthy foods.
Community water fluoridation: Promote and/or increase access to community water fluoridation
- Convene local advocates in non-fluoridated communities to explore policy paths for brining fluoridation to local water system
- Community education efforts to educate public and trusted messengers about the benefits of fluoridation.
(NOTE: Arcora Foundation funding cannot be used to pay dental providers for individual dental care or treatment – for example, uncompensated/free care or co-pays. Additionally, in some instances we may choose to fund a project at a lesser amount than initially requested.)
Apply for Project Grant
Please read the Instructions for Project Grant Application Submission. Complete and submit the grant application form at the bottom of the page. At the end of the grant application, you’ll see prompts to upload the Project Budget Support and Timeline Template. You can find the template in the additional links section below. Upon a positive funding decision, we may ask you to fill out a W-9 and a and ACH Form.
- Project Budget Support and Timeline (.xlsx)
- W-9 Form (.pdf)
- ACH Form (.pdf)
- Instructions for Project Grant Application Submission (.pdf)
- Instructions for account set-up
If you have submission questions, please refer to the instructions above or email Heather Knaplund at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have problems with account set-up or other technical issues please refer to the instructions above or email, email@example.com.
Create an account and start the application.